21 September 2008

First two days in Santa Barbara

These days have been very interesting. I kid you not, i don't think i've experienced quite a scene like this. Rightfully so, it does deserve its notoriety.

What is there to complain about the surrounding environment?
...beach days, sunny days, biking days, happy days.
...loud nights, flesh filled nights, wet nights.

It has its ups and downs, but life, as i know it, is about change and adjusting to the new, surrounding actions and lifestyles. {sigh} culture--I love you--but sometimes I want to hit it and quit it. And thats how i feel, so far, about Santa Barbara.
There is such an interesting social culture here, much different then what i have had with my friends back in the san fernando valley. For instance, one of my suitemates, whom is very easy to get along with, has committed himself to forming a team, between a few guys from my suite, to easily pick up chicks so we can sleep with them, together or alone.

I'll never forget my first meal at freebirds, because this particular suitemate showed up and said something along these lines... "I'm going to be honest and upfront, I don't know if your down, but i think ------ is down. I am into orgies..." ect ect. (he had two chicks with him). Basically he was seeing if i was down.

Gotta respect the man for being honest and up front.

But i'm here not to judge, but to meet new people, despite what they are into. And, shit, we all do things that seem strange, unusual, or disgusting to other people. Who am i to hate on someone who just likes to get kinky w/ a few people.

No comments: